Gas Engine Oil XL 40
Performace Standard: API CF
Meets standard equipment requirement
- MAN Co-Gen MDE
- JENBACHER (3/4/6 Series)
- WAUKESHA Co-Gen
- WARTSILA SACM
- CAT 3XX/3300/3400/3500/3600 Series
- Extended oil change intervals.
- Maximum protection against piston scuffing, scoring and cylinder liner wear.
- Resistance to oxidation and nitration.
- Considerable anti-wear and anti-corrosion properties.
- Reduction in formation of deposits.
- TBN/Ash content adapted to improve engine cleanliness.
- Formulations specifically designed to meet equipment constraints.
- Selected base oils and additives to meet all engine manufacturer requirements even in the most aggressive environment.
Byco Octive-XL 40 allows extended oil drain intervals even in case of poor corrosive gas qualities like gases containing sulphur or hydrogen sulphide or even corrosive organic halides. Depending on the gas quality, the oil drain interval can be extended with continuous oil monitoring.
Protect the environment
Take used oil to an authorized collection point.
Do not discharge into drains, soil or water.
The closed container can be kept in a dry and covered location at temperatures between 20°C and 40°C for maximum of 3 years.
After longer storage the oil should be homogenized.
For optimum results regular oil analysis is strongly recommended.
|Properties / Units||Units||Value||Test Method|
|SAE Grade 40||-||-||-|
|Viscosity Index||-||106||ASTM D-2270|
|Flash Point, COC||ºC||250||ASTM D-92|
|Pour Point||ºC||-18||ASTM D-97|
|Sulphated Ash % wt.||-||0.43||ASTM D-874|
|Base Number mg KOH/g||-||5||ASTM D-2896|
Note: The typical characteristics are given as a guide only and may vary according to latest production according to ISO.