Gas Engine Oil MA 40
Performace Standard: API CF
Meets standard equipment requirement
- MAN Co-Gen MDE
- JENBACHER (3/4/6 Series)
- WAUKESHA Co-Gen
- WARTSILA SACM
- CAT 3XX/3300/3400/3500/3600 Series
- Its high reserve alkalinity and TBN retention also makes it suitable for engines operating on fuels that contain low amounts of corrosive materials such as hydrogen sulphide.
- Provides cleaner engines, lower wear rates and improved engine performance.
- Outstanding anti-wear and anti-scuff properties.
- Innovative medium ash formulation.
- Excellent corrosion resistance.
- Low phosphorous content ensures exhaust system catalyst compatibility and hence maximum service life.
- Very high oxidation & nitration resistance.
- Enhanced diesel detergency for dual-fuel engines.
- Optimized level of ‘ash’ components.
Byco Octive-MA 40 can be used in engines equipped with catalytic converters and specially for all gas engines operating under severe conditions. It allows acceptable oil drain intervals even in case of poor corrosive gas qualities like gases containing sulphur or hydrogen sulphide or even corrosive organic halides. Depending on the gas quality, the oil drain interval can be optimized with continuous monitoring.
Protect the environment
Take used oil to an authorized collection point.
Do not discharge into drains, soil or water.
The closed container can be kept in a dry and covered location at temperatures between 20°C and 40°C for maximum of 3 years. After longer storage the oil should be homogenized.
For optimum results regular oil analysis is strongly recommended.
|SAE Grade 40||-||-||-|
|Viscosity Index||-||97||ASTM D-2270|
|Flash Point COC||ºC||256||ASTM D-92|
|Pour Point||ºC||-21||ASTM D-97|
|Sulphated Ash % wt.||-||0.93||ASTM D-874|
|Base Number mg KOH/g||-||9.5||ASTM D-2896|
Note: The typical characteristics are given as a guide only and may vary according to latest production according to ISO.